Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Never too old to play “Beauty Shop!”

Last week when I wasn’t feeling good enough to go out to lunch, some of my sweet friends brought their lunch to share with me! 

As we were visiting, I told them that I was going to lose my hair in 2 weeks and I hated that my roots were already turning grey.  I mentioned that I had some hair dye in my closet and the next thing we knew… we had set up our own beauty shop.

20140206_12501820140206_124727

Lucy was the lucky one chosen to do the honors.  She said she was no professional, but I told her that I didn’t care, since it would all be gone soon.

Then all of a sudden, “splat” and then I hear Lucy gasp, “Oh no, I got it all over your cheek!”  Then a few minutes later she says, “Uh oh, there goes your ear!”  And then finally I think Kim said between laughs, “You might want to check out her forehead too!”

    20140206_125206 20140206_125122

Next thing I knew there was Lana being Johnny on the spot, with a napkin trying to rub all of the dye off my face before it became permanent.  Then of course we need to thank dear Kim, who pulled out her phone in the moment of crisis… she knew a Kodak moment when she saw it!

20140206_130639
What started out to be a not so good day for me, ended up being a total blast!  Thank you dear sisters for “cheering up the sad and making someone feel glad!”  Now my hair is good to go for a couple of weeks, hopefully I won’t lose it any sooner than that!
 20140206_134450

1 comment:

  1. What great friends! You look cute no matter what!--Gray hair, brown hair, no hair! It is your smile that radiates and brightens the world--even when it isn't in person.
    You are one of my heroes!

    ReplyDelete