Thursday, February 20, 2014

I Still have my Hair!

Here's a quick update.  The big news is that I still have my hair.  I ran into the girl yesterday that I had chemo with 3 weeks ago and she is completely bald.  So - I'm some how lucking out for now.  I can start to see the signs of pieces of hair falling  here and there, but most of it is still on my head.  So I will enjoy it while I can.

I am scheduled to have chemo every 3 weeks.  I was so happy to finally start feeling better on the third week..  I was surprised how long it took me to bounce back the first two weeks.  I guess you could say that I am a little impatient.  I should really look back and remember that when I had surgery and then started chemo a month later - that I didn't drive myself anywhere for 9 weeks.  So if I compare that to now, I am doing so much better.

So during my healthy week, I was able to help a little with some remodeling, and then help take care of some of the grand kids while their parents were busy.  I wasn't feeling really well on this day, but managed to go to McDonald's for some ice cream with the kiddos.

  

We had some of the grand kids come and watch "Pete's Dragon" and eat popcorn while their parents were working on their houses.  Byron and Tracy were sheet rocking their basement and Amy and Steve bought a home in Pleasant Grove and are remodeling that before they move in in March.  Everyone has been so good about helping each other out when ever we can.  It's great to live only 20 minutes away from each other so we can help each other out when we need it.


















Craig and I were able to go to our Stake Valentines Prime Rid Dinner!  It was so nice and delicious!

And then someone Heart Attacked our Door and made us feel very special!



I had my 2nd session of Chemo on Tuesday this week. I usually get really sick on the 3 and 4th days.  This time around, they gave me an extra nausea medication and I did not throw up on day 3 like I did last time. So that is good news.  I got my CA-125 test taken and it had gone up to 501.  Previously it was 444, but I had a feeling that it would go up, because it had been another 3 weeks since my last test before we started chemo.  The doctor also had warned us that sometimes the numbers go up on the first chemo treatment because it is killing all of those cells and it registers on the test.  Hopefully next time, the numbers will start going down again.  We are continuing to pray that the chemo will kill the cancer and I can have more time without having to constantly fight this battle.  We thank you all for you continued love, support and prayers!

1 comment:

  1. You definitely would be at the top of my list for a "heart attack" (of paper of course!)--you give so much love and strength to others and it is nice to know that you have touched the lives of others. Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete