Sunday, February 23, 2014

What is the meaning of Joy?

On Saturday I decided to try and go to the Stake Women's Conference.  I have noticed that when I push myself to do things, I actually "forget" that I don't feel well.  That's exactly what happened.  For some reason when I am around people, it is as if little endorphins are released and I actually feel better!

I was able to enjoy a few bites of Kneaders famous French Toast with whip cream and strawberries.  Then we all visited at our table while we ate and then we headed into the chapel to hear from our guest speaker, Brother David Alma Christensen.  He was so delightful!  He said so many things that that were true, that most of us don't like to talk about.  I loved the way he was so honest about how life has dealt him some rough cards.  He described to us some of the different challenges he has had in his family.  He said that if he wasn't careful, that he would never find JOY, because of all the things that have not turned out the way he thought they should.

But then he reminded us that when we were told that we got to come down to earth, that we SHOUTED for JOY! We are here now....so what has changed?  He said that we need to shout for joy NOW and he told us how it was possible to do that.

So many of us have misinterpreted the definition of  JOY. He told us that the greatest JOY of all is to feel the LOVE OF GOD!  So.....


JOY = THE LOVE OF GOD

Many times we think that joy has something to do with happiness or contentment.  But if you take the scripture in 2 Nephi 25,

 "Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy,"  

and substitute the word JOY for LOVE of  GOD, 

then you can see how we can ALL have joy now.


Men are that they might have JOY...or in other words... 

Men are that they might have THE LOVE OF GOD!

Can we have the Love of God now?  Yes indeed!  Then that  also means that we can have JOY now too!


No comments:

Post a Comment