Saturday, March 10, 2012

Pampering Time!


One of the bennefits of having cancer is being pampered by your grand daughters! This last week I about went stir crazy being sick for so long, so Amy invited us over for dinner and for a massage and pedicure. I didn't realize how lucky I was until I was basically attacked by these 3 cute little girls.

Good thing I had 2 feet and 2 arms, so that each one could have their own domain. I think we ended up using half the bottle of cream, but hey my legs and arms are now silky smooth. I could probably do well as part of a "Oil of Ole" commercial!
                                            I feel so loved. It's so fun to have grand daughters!!!!

In 13 days these girls will have a new little brother. We are all so excited. I scheduled my last chemo treatment on Friday March 23rd so I could be at the birth on the 22nd!
I thought it was especially cute the conversation I had with 3 year old Mya (the one sitting on the couch).

Mya: "Grandma is you still sick?"
Me: "Yes I am honey."
Mya: "When ya gonna det better?"
Me: "Hopefully after I'm finished with all my treatments"
Mya: "How many more do you have, two or three?"
Me: "Two".
Mya: "Dats good, cause when ya done with dose things, den that means you have no more cancer."
Me: "I sure hope so honey!"

I was so amazed at how in touch she was with what is happening in my life. Who says that cancer doesn't affect everyone!

P.S. This spoiling for me came at a good time, because just as I got over the dizziness and sickness from the chemo, I got another UTI - Urinary Tract Infection and a cold sore! Man, it seems like I am being plagued with a bunch of stuff lately. Oh well, I only have a few more weeks to go through this. Incidentally, in this short week, I've lost my taste buds already! The interesting thing this time is that my tongue is so sore, that pretty much everything I eat hurts and tastes bad. Yippee - the fun side effects of Chemo! Sorry to dump all of this on you - but hey, if you didn't want to hear my ups and downs, you wouldn't be reading this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment