Sunday, November 4, 2012

"Stories on the Sabbath" - Time to Vote

Many of you know that my maiden name is ROMNEY and I'm very proud of that fact!  As this election year has progressed, people have asked me if I am related to Mitt Romney and the answer is a resounding YES!  My father is George Lee Romney and he is first cousins with Mitt's dad, George Romney.  They both are also first cousins to Marion G. Romney, Camilla Eyring Kimball, and Henry W. Eyring.  Our common ancestor is Miles Park Romney.  (See pictures below)


    Mitt Romney                                   Mitt's father, George Romney                      Marion G. Romney
                                                     
    Henry W. Eyring                                 Camilla Eyring Kimball                           George Lee Romney

                                               Miles Park Romney is our common ancestor


Everytime I hear Mitt speak, my heart swells with love and gratitude for him and his family's sacrifice for our country.  My mother is one of his biggest fans and the only regret I have is that my dear father is not alive to be "rooting" his cousin's son on to become the first Mormon President of the United States!
If you were wondering who I am voting for, I guess it's not a question anymore.  I encourage you to exercise your right to vote this coming week.  One vote can make a big difference!
                                                                
"To be valiant in the testimony of Jesus is to take the Lord's side on every issue. It is to vote as he would vote. It is to think what he thinks, to believe what he believes, to say what he would say and do what he would do in the same situation. It is to have the mind of Christ and be one with him as he is one with his Father. "

- Bruce R. McConkie, CR, 1974, Oct: p. 46

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.
--John Quincy Adams

2 comments:

  1. Aunt Michele,

    Bryce and I were able to make phone calls for Mitt, and we are leaving in ten minutes to go see both Ann and Mitt at a Rally here in Colorado Springs! We are so excited to celebrate to be a part of this amazing experience. After your story on seeing his name in the temple, I do that every time I go now. I put he and his families name in this morning also when we were at the temple. I am sure that has been happening a lot. I can't wait to celebrate Tuesday night! :)

    Love,
    Melani :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melani - That is so awesome that you guys got to make phone calls for Mitt - so did I! It was so hard for me not to want to say - "Please vote for Mitt - he's my cousin!!!" haha Incidentally, the calls I made yesterday were all to the state of Colorado, so I am so excited that you get to go see both Mitt and Ann tonight. Please email us and tell us about it. I know that millions of prayers are being offered in behalf of Mitt and Ann and the Romney family. I feel so proud to be a part of it too!

    ReplyDelete