Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Making Memories!

I've been feeling really good this week and keeping busy with all of my new projects.  I thought I'd share some fun memories we created and re-created this week.  I bought a $29 wig and felt 10 years younger. haha (Don't worry - I'm going to cut it). 



A little over three years ago our family went to Guatemala to pick up our son Daniel from his mission. He served 20 months in the jungles of Polochic where he spoke an ancient Mayan dialect called Kechi. There is very little civilization and the people who live in the higher mountains have dirt floors, no elecrticity or running water. We took with us 30 "portable washing machines" to share with them and help to make their burdens lighter. It was a wonderful experience trying to teach these people a new way of doing their wash. Below is a 5 minute video of our experience with these people.


http://providentlivingnews.blogspot.com/2008/12/humanitarian-service-project-in.html

When my grandkids were visiting this week, they saw these washers in my storage and wanted to know what they were.  I showed them the video of us taking these portable washing machines to Guatemala.  They decided that they wanted to make their own version of "how to use" the washers, but in English! (see their 45 sec. video below).

No comments:

Post a Comment