Friday, February 3, 2012

Pressing Forward

When I saw this quote, it made me stop and realize that the Lord knows that I am strong enough to handle the life I have been given, but it's me that is still wondering.  That's why I need to press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope... (2nd Nephi 31:20).  Tomorrow I've been asked to speak in the adult session of Stake Conference and share how I have been able to handle the trials that have been placed before me.  Wow what a topic!  The above scripture is the theme for the conference and it has given me a lot of food for thought these past couple of weeks.

I believe that pressing forward is the action part of faith.  It means pushing yourself to do that which you know is right, but that you might not totally feel like doing, but know that it is the best thing for you.  Then comes hope.  Without hope, there is no reason to keep going.  I have hope that I can make it through this chemo.  I have hope to be well again.  I have hope to be with my family in the eternities together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment