Friday, December 9, 2011

Earthly Angels

We live in the Lindon 17th Ward and as far as Craig and I are concerned, it is filled with earthly angels.  Since our surgeries, we have been the continual recipients of Christ like love and service in the way of meals 3 times a week, our house being cleaned from top to bottom, our leaves being raked, Christmas lights put up on our garage and many beautiful flower arrangements, as well as hundreds of prayers and emails.  This is from people that hardly even know us.  These saints truly are keeping their baptismal covenants of bearing one another’s burdens and mourning with those that mourn.

This past week we had another crew of 5 earthly angels come to our home while we were gone getting chemotherapy.  When we got home from an exhausting day, another neighbor knocked on the door holding dinner in her hands.  Talk about love and service!  As we sat down to eat a nice warm meal, I couldn’t help but notice my sparkling appliances shinning back at me.  It was almost breath taking.  Then I went to the bathroom and saw beautifully clean sinks and mirrors and even a polished silver bathtub nozzle!  The floors were swept, mopped and vacuumed.  Everything was nicely dusted and cleaned – it was a heavenly feeling. 

There was a note on the table with a can of cinnamon wassail herbs to cook to make the house smell really Christmasy.  At the bottom of the note was a p.s. that said, “Your washer and dryer need to be switched.”  Later on that evening I said, “I wonder who gave us this stuff and note?”  My husband agreed and said that it must be someone that really knows us well to say that about our dryer.  I looked at him and asked him what he was talking about and he said, “You know, the part on the note that said we needed to get a new washer and dryer.”  I picked up the note again and re-read it and then started laughing hysterically.  I said, “Honey, when I got home, I noticed that the tablecloth was not on the table and realized that someone must have washed it.  So when I saw the note, the washer and dryer need to be switched, I knew that it meant that the stuff in the washer needed to be put in the dryer.  That’s all that it meant.” 

When Craig heard what I said, we both started laughing.  The fact that our dryer has major issues and it takes several times to get the load dry, added to Craig’s misunderstanding of the note.  Craig thought that the ladies were suggesting that we needed a new Washer/Dryer.  What a crack up! Life is too short to not take time to laugh at the little things in life.  Here's pictures of some of  our earthly angels.


No comments:

Post a Comment