Tuesday, December 13, 2011

New Head Coverings - Scarves

I went to a Look Good Feel Better class that the American Cancer Society put together.  There I learned how to deal with the changes to my body including, skin care, make-up and head coverings.  It was so interesting to see several women being so brave sitting there with their bald heads and earrings.  As we put make up on, I looked at them and they were beautiful.  I wondered if I could feel that way about my new look. 

I loved learning how to put on scarves and have a versatile look.  I went to the store the next day and found some cute scarves.  I even had the nerve to take off my wig in the car and put on one of the new scarves and wear it into a store.  That's progress for me!  It was interesting to see people look at me and then give me this sweet smile like, "you poor thing".  But it made me realize that people do care even if they don't know you.  So here are some of my new scarves.  I even had the nerve to answer the door with one of my scarves on.  Wow, I'm really progressing.  I know in just a couple of weeks I will look back and laugh at this as such a trivial thing.  But for now, this is how I am learning to handle things. 

1 comment: