Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Don’t you just feel like pulling your hair out some days?

Our oldest daughter, Charlene lives in Las Vegas with her husband and 4 children.  She is the only one that is not up here in Utah.  Amy lives in Lehi, with her hubby and 3 children.  Byron and Daniel both live in Provo, with their wives and babies and Tauna teaches school in Riverton.  We feel so blessed to have them around.

The other day Charlene called and said that they were feeling left out of my cancer/chemo experience (even though she has come up for each of our surgeries).  She asked if I didn’t mind if I would video tape some of the stages of my hair falling out.  I told her that when I decided how I was going to handle it, I would let her know.  My cousin Robyn, when she lost her hair had a head shaving party with her family.  But for some reason, I’m being a woos and can’t handle doing that.  However, I wanted my family to be a part of my hair loss.  So we decided to have a “hair pulling out party.”

Everyone was here on Sunday and so we decided to do it then.  I had gone to the bathroom for a moment and all of a sudden I hear a loud knock at the door.  “Grandma….where are you?” asked my 5 year old granddaughter named Brooke.  “I’m in the bathroom honey, I’ll be out in a minute.”  “Okay,” she said “but hurry up cause we’re gonna PULL YOUR HAIR OUT!”  It came out so cute that I started laughing right on the pot!  Haha  Don’t you just love the way kids can help tense situations be bearable? 

So here is the video we took of our family having a “bonding experience” and helping Grandma pull out her hair.  This is taken on Sunday, Dec. 4th, 2011 – Day 18 of my chemo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxCzgUJCmm4

1 comment:

  1. Leave it to Brooke to find the best way to "Pull out Gma's Hair"! She had it down. I can't believe how easy it just falls out. Am I such a baby that I bawled through the entire thing? You are amazing Michelle. Thanks for recording this and letting me share in your life. I also cried as I saw all the pictures of the temple's...ok pretty much have cried through your entire blog. You and Craig are amazing examples to everyone around you. As always...you are both in our prayers. Love ya~

    ReplyDelete