Monday, October 24, 2011

Thanks from Michele

Dear Friends and Family,
If I could be made well from all the kind words from so many of you, I would be up and running a marathon right now!!!!  Today I finally had the energy to read some emails and get on facebook for a few moments.  I was overcome with the love and support of so many.  Tears ran down my cheeks as I read your messages.  I’m so grateful to have been able to cross paths with each of you on this journey of life!  They say there are only 2 things we can take with us when we die and that is 1) our knowledge and 2) our relationships.  How blessed I feel because of my association with each of you.   Thank you, thank you, thank you!
This surgery has literally knocked my socks off!  I still marvel that I am alive after all the things they took out of me.  I am learning the new definition of patience and long-suffering.  I remember one of my Sunday School teachers asked our class, “How do you acquire long-suffering?”  I was waiting for some profound answer and no one had one.  Finally the teacher said, “By suffering LONG!”  Well, I am finding that to be true.  My biggest struggle right now is my bowels.  Because of how much they took out and all the manipulation, it has been a hard path to have them start working correctly.   I am gaining strength from my testimony of Jesus Christ and the enabling power of the Atonement.   I have come to know that He is not just there to make up the difference, after all we can do, but He is there with us WHILE we are doing all we can do – to bless, comfort and heal each of us!  How grateful I am for that knowledge.
Last Monday I got my staples out (45 of them!)  My incision is healing very well.  I am scheduled to start Chemotherapy on November 15th here in Provo with Dr. Wallentine (oncologist).  Craig goes into surgery next Wednesday, November 2nd.  He will be having the DaVinci Robotic Surgery and it will be up in Salt Lake with Dr. Bishoff.  I am praying hard that the Lord will bless me with enough strength to be able to go and be with him on the day of his surgery.  Our children have been sent by God to us and every one of them has played a very important role in my recovery and will be there for Craig as well.  Here is a picture of our sweet family as of December 2010.  How richly blessed we feel to have a righteous posterity!!!!!  Thank you again for all of your faith and prayers.
Love,
Michele


1 comment:

  1. This letter is inspiring. Every part of it is full of your testimony and of the Spirit of Christ.
    Thank you Michele. God bless you and Craig in the upcoming months with the ability to bear the burdends that have been placed upon you.

    with love,

    Giulia and Daniel Rogers

    ReplyDelete