Sunday, September 14, 2014

I think there is an Elephant in the room. Do you see it?

For those of you who know me, you are well aware that I am a REALIST!  
I see things like they are and I don't like pretending differently.  Sometimes that is good and sometimes that is bad.  I've certainly had to try and learn to be tactful in many situations. But if I see that there is an elephant in the room, I want to immediately identify it and get it out in the open, so we can all be back to being REAL!

The Garvins also tends to be like that 
while also being a little on the MORBID side, trying to use humor to block the pain.
So if that offends you, please forgive us and thank you for loving and accepting us as we are!  
We certainly feel so blessed to have so many friends and loved ones that we feel are right here by our side, 
trying to help us make it through this battle!


WELL, THERE IS AND IT ME!!!!!
I'm not inferring my daughters, only me.


One of the things about getting ready to die, is that you have to start looking the part.  I didn't realize how often in the past that I've used the expression, "Oh, man, I look like death warmed over!"  Well now, I can use it all I want and it will always be true!  I guess I'm passed worrying what others think and this thing we call PRIDE.  This is the reason I am sharing these pictures right now, because I want to help prepare people to to not be shocked at my physical decline in case they see me.

One of the main reasons I am starting to look so "GAUNT" or malnourished is because I am!  My normal/previous  weight was around 155 pounds and I am now down to 117 pounds.  My bowels are blocked somewhere and so that is what is stopping me from having any desire to eat, let alone knowing how the food can be processed if I did eat a lot.  I don't want you to misunderstand what I saying here.   I am not refusing to eat at all. Actually it's the opposite and I am craving just about anything.  The problem is with that scenerio, is that the minute I start eating something, all I can tolerate is about is just about 3-4 tablespoons of food.  After that I am totally full and almost miserable. Thank goodness I had a G-Tube put into my stomach about 2 months ago.  G-Tubes are usually used for the opposite purpose and that is to put food IN instead of take food OUT.  But in my case it has been a huge answer to prayers.  If I didn't have a way to immediately take away the bloating pain, I think I would have had to revert to medications to deal with it, thus taking away my ability to be alert as long as I can on my final journey back home.  So even though these are trials that I totally wish I didn't have to go through, the Lord is granting me as many tender mercies as he can, so I can hurry up and finish the work I still have to do on this earth!

BACK TO THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM!
(See how easily distracted I become?- even in my writing - no wonder it's taking me so long to die!)

I've been so blessed to have family, passed friends and new friends and neighbors stop by for short visits. I usually don't remember to take their pictures, but sometimes they do, so I've decided to post some of these pictures in random order, just to help identify this new elephant you might see if you drop by my house!

These are just posted randomly, because I'm starting to not be able remember details.  It's really a miracle I have been able to even make any sense while writing POSTS.  I do know for sure that the Lord is sending tender mercies my way over and over and I'm so grateful for that!!!!



The highlight of my week was when my older sister Tami and her sweet husband Doug Parry came all the way from Snowflake, Arizona to see me on their way to dropping her baby daughter, Kristi Farnsworth (2nd from left) off to BYU-I after she just recently  "Returned with Honor" from her mission to Tacoma Washington.  Juliette Beecroft (her sister) also got to come with Haley and baby Sam.


We had such a WONDERFUL day and I could totally feel the Lord granting me one of my last few TENDER MERCIES of health and strength to be able to cherish these last moments with my big sister Tami!

How do you ever say your FINAL EARTHLY GOODBYES to a sister you have loved and cherished and is one of the best friends you will ever have in this life???

YOU DON'T!!!!

So you just say......

"God Be With You Until we Meet Again!!!!!


AND OF THAT I TESTIFY WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING....

AND IT IS ONLY POSSIBLE BECAUSE OF OUR SAVIOR'S SACRIFICE FOR EACH OF US AND THE MIRACLE OF
THE PLAN OF SALVATION!!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, how I wish I could be in one of those pictures with you, but I am holding back participating in respect for you and your family. I dearly love to read each and every one of your posts. It has given me perspective, light, and hope in this process we call death. Only somehow it doesn't seem like that will come for you, your life will just begin in a different location--that is the Lord's gift to us all, but I am sure there is a special place for you, one of His best! Thank you for being courageous to share your deep thoughts and insights with us all!

    ReplyDelete