Tuesday, August 12, 2014

More Blessings!

The other day I was at the sewing machine fixing a skirt I had made for one of Amy's little girls.  Tauna walked over and stood there for a few minutes and then said, "Mom, are my kids ever going to have anything you have made for them?"

When she said that, I thought my heart would break!  As the youngest child, she has been there and watched me sew for all the grandchildren, and now the fact that her children would never have anything made by me was a very good possibility.  

After trying to think of what I should say, I suggested that maybe we could make a baby girl and a baby boy quilt together, so when she did have a baby, they would have something sewed for them by their grandmother.

I had been really sick that week and so I really questioned if I was up to it.  Thank goodness my sweet sister-in-law Pam was in town. She is a wiz at anything to do with sewing.  The 3 of us went shopping and they brought a folding chair and pillow for me. (This was before I was on Hospice and didn't have a wheelchair yet). We would go up and down aisles looking at different material and then they would help me pick up the chair and move it to the next aisle.

We came home and I was so grateful that I had enough energy to be the mom that Tauna needed at that moment and be able to help make these quilts.  It definitely was a group project, but in the future when Tauna has a baby girl or boy, they will have something made by me!

Preserving Memories!
I have never felt more, the importance of preserving my memory for my grandchildren, than what I am feeling right now. 

So with the help of my dear friends, we folded my music and then I personally signed a copy of my book and my music I had written years ago to each of one of my grandchildren.  


I have taken a picture of each grandchild with me, so they will realize how old they were when I gave the book to them and that I wanted them to have it.  Here is my youngest granddaughter, Cadence Garvin (Byron & Tracy's little girl).

It has been so nice because each of our kids and their families take turns coming and bringing dinner for us.  This has given us a chance to have special one-on-ones with all of our grandchildren in Utah. The other day we had the Rindlisbacher Family come and bring us dinner.  

The girls love playing with my jewelry and my scarfs I wore when I was bald.  They had been playing so quietly for a while and then announced that they were going to be giving us a fashion show with Grandma's scarfs and jewelry.  Here are a few snap shots we took of them.  They are quite creative don't you think?

Here is Brooke on the left and little Miss Mya on the right.
                

Natalie was the announcer and little brother, Ryan (poor kid) got to be part of this fashion show too.  

Oh my goodness, did I happen to mention how much I adore my grandchildren!!!!!?!?!?!  Well, if you haven't got that message yet, you will after these posts.  Life would never be the same unless I was able become a grandmother.  I didn't know you could love some one as much as you do your own children, and maybe a little bit more!!! (shh, don't tell my kids that)

I have been trying to eat healthy lately and have just discovered the value of sprouts.  One day when Logan and Claire (Dan's kids) and Carston (Byron's son) were over visiting, I tried to introduce this new food to them.  Here are their reactions.
                   Claire                                                                                   Logan

 Carston

No comments:

Post a Comment