Friday, May 23, 2014

Making Memories...

Because I have been feeling so good, I was blessed to be able to share a wonderful week and pack it full of memories with my older sister, Tami.  She is the closest in age to me, and together we celebrated her belated 60th birthday!  

It seems like mom's don't hardly ever get to do what WE want to do, because we often put the needs of others above our own.  So I made a list of all the things I thought might be of particular interest to HER and had her chose what she wanted to do.  Here is what we did.

I picked her up from the airport and we went straight to the Salt Lake Temple.  Tami had never been able to do a "live" session in this beautiful temple.  

Even though it was cold and rainy we took the time to take some pictures on temple square.


We tried to take a "selfie" like our kids do, but I think I am lacking the skill.  All you can see is our 2 big heads. It looks like I could use some lessons in this fine art!
We went into the Tabernacle to get warm and were able to listen to the "Bells" rehearse.  It was beautiful!  Then we made sure to take time to visit the beautiful statue of Christ!

One of Tami's greatest loves is ART.  So we went to the "Sacred Gifts" exhibit at the BYU Museum of Art.  It was fabulous!
Tami could have spent all day here!
  She loved listening and reading from the app 
we downloaded onto our I-pads
One of her other main priority was going to the BYU Harold B. Lee Library and scanning her Journals.  As you can see in the picture on the left, she brought a suitcase full of  her 13 volumes of Journals!



The two of us together spent over 30 hours there at the library, scanning her journals and talking.  Oh what fun we had! 


Our kids thought we were crazy when they heard our definition of "fun", but needless to say, we were very pleased with our efforts! 

 We made sure we stopped by the Cougar Eat 
and took a picture with Cosmo!

Life is too short to not take moments like these to create lasting memories!  Happy Birthday Tami, I love you!





1 comment:

  1. What a great experience for both of you. I am so thrilled to be your cousin. Both of you are amazing, talented and resilient women. You inspire me and many others.
    I love you both! Jeanine

    ReplyDelete