Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Honored Guests


My mother, Pearl Tenney Romney, 
who is in her 90th year was able to come to Tauna's Wedding. 
Tauna was thrilled to have her there, as were all of us!  

Here are some pictures with Tauna and Grandma Romney


Tauna and Grandma

                                  A Three generation picture


One of my greatest wishes was to have all of my grandchildren get a picture with my mother - 
their Great-Grandma Romney.

We took most of these pictures Sunday morning.  My older grandchildren know and love their "Great Romney," but trying to convince each of my younger grandchildren to take a picture with her was a little more difficult.  When it was time for the younger kids to get their picture taken, they were all playing upstairs in the playroom together.  I walked in and asked them if they would like to get their picture taken with Great Romney.  Cassidy politely said, "No Dankyou!" and kept on playing as well as the rest of them.  I had to figure out some way to convince these kids the importance of taking their picture.

Finally I resorted to, "Great Romney is getting really old and this may be the last time you get to see her."  No response - everyone kept playing.  I stood there for a moment and then added, "You know she is almost 90 years old and we never know when she might die."

With that comment, Cassidy dutifully dropped her toys and said, "okay!" I took her into the bathroom and was brushing her hair to get ready for the picture. When we came downstairs, I noticed several others were already in line for their picture.

Cooper seemed to be the one to resist the most.  Finally after all of the pictures were taken, I mentioned to Charlene that all of the kids had had their picture with grandma except for Cooper. Someone else overheard and told us that he had come down and already taken his picture.  That pleased me!

Soon it was time for my mom and my sisters to leave.  Everyone hugged and kissed them and thanked them for coming.  Right before we left for church, Cooper came over to me and leaned over and whispered, "Is she dead yet?"  I was taken by surprise and didn't know what he was talking about.  

"Is who dead?" I asked.

"You know," he said with concern, "Great Romney!"

It was then that I realized the only reason he relented to stop playing with his toys earlier and come down and get his picture taken, was because I told him she was probably going to die soon.  Oh my goodness!  I laughed inside and reached over and grabbed him and hugged him.  Oh that all of us could be so believing.... like a child again!

Here are all of my grandchildren 
from oldest to youngest with "Great Romney".

  Alison Michele Johnson -turns 12 in July         














                                                                                     Kara Nicole Johnson -  10 in June









      Natalie Brynn Rindlisbacher - 8years old




                                                                                  Brooke Addison Rindlisbacher-6 years old


                                   Cooper Charles Johnson - 4 1/2 (twins with Cassidy)


 Cassidy Lynn Johnson - 4 1/2 (twins)














                                                                                                                     Mya Kate Rindlisbacher - 4 years     
  

           Logan Daniel Garvin - 2 years old
                Carston Bradly Garvin - 21 months















    Ryan Stephen Rindlisbacher - 1 year                            
                                                                                            Claire Nichole Garvin - 9 months 

What priceless memories these pictures will be for all of us!

     I was also blessed to have my three sisters come too!

Me, Mom, Tami, Shawna and Marsha

We were thrilled that our Romney cousin, 
Rosemary Neider was able to come.
She and her husband Mike Neider are serving as
Mission Presidents in Las Vegas.

What a special treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment