Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sharp as a tack!

Life is good and I'm thankful everyday for a healthy body as well as a healthy mind.  While driving to the doctors today I saw a billboard with this picture. 
                              
That's when I instantly remembered about my friend, "Smokey the Bear."  I remembered him saying, "Only YOU can prevent forest fires!"   Then out of the clear blue this tune with these words popped into my mind.

Here is the part of the chorus I remembered:

Smokey the bear, smokey the bear,
Howling and a growling and a sniffing the air,
He can find the fire, before it starts to flame!
That's why he's called Smokey and that's how he got his name.

To listen to the song click here

Okay,  I knew my mind was sharp but wow....I'm totally impressed with my memory!  Now just don't ask me where I put my keys! :-) haha - How many of you remember Smokey?

The same happened this Sunday when our lesson was on being kind.  I had learned a poem when I was younger about kindness that had the words, 'wept in the night and regret in it,' but try and I might, I couldn't recall it in time to share it.  Then all of a sudden when I got home the whole poem popped into my head.

I have wept in the night at the shortness of sight
as to some body's need I was blind.
But I never have yet, felt a tinge of regret,
for being a little too kind. 

I've heard that our minds are like complex computers and everything we learn is stored somewhere inside.  I believe it!

******************************************************

Here are a few of my favorite quotes from General Conference that really hit home with me.  The first one is from Ann Dibb.  Since our Visiting Teaching Message for the month of November is to share your favorite Conference Message, I thought I would share these with you.    

                                                                          






The above ideas were shared from here.



(Beehive idea shared from here)

No comments:

Post a Comment