Sunday, June 17, 2012

"Stories on the Sabbath" - Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day
In Memory of my Dear Father
George Lee Romney
Nov. 4, 1917 - July 3, 2003




Words to the song I sang at my Dad's Graveside Service:

Dear Earthly Father, kind and true,
Our hearts will ever turn to you.
For wisdom, strength and earthly things,
For honor that your good name brings.
For hope and courage, father mine,
Your guiding light will ever shine.
Oh bearer of the priesthood true,
Our home is blessed because of you.

We thank you for your selfless love,
'tis now our anchor and our stay.
Like that dear one who dwells above,
Show us the way.

Dear Earthly Father, may we be,
Together through Eternity.
Oh  truest friend, and counselor too,
Our home is blessed because of you!

(Author not known at this time)

I love and miss you Daddy!

1 comment:

  1. Aunt Michele,

    I cried when I saw Grandpa's picture. You sure are blessed to have such an AMAZING father. I always tell people that my Grandpa was the most wonderful man in the world. I feel very blessed to have him as my Grandpa. That video was BEAUTIFUL! Thank you so much for sharing it.

    Love,
    Melani :)

    ReplyDelete