Tuesday, January 3, 2012

God Hears and Answers Our Prayers!

I had an incredible ending to a miraculous week.  Heavenly Father granted me my 4th miracle!  I was able to witness the blessing of my grandson by his father and stay and listen to Byron and Tracy as they gave beautiful, heartfelt talks in sacrament meeting.  Then I was still feeling good enough to go to the family get-to-gether after it was all over.  I kept feeling like Cinderella, waiting for the magic to end.....but it didn't.  I felt good all day Sunday! 
All our family left on Sunday and on Monday morning I woke up feeling like I had been run over by a Semi.  My legs and body ached all over and I could hardly move.  I felt sick to my stomach and very dizzy.  As I moved slowly from my bed to try and get something to eat....I had nothing but gratitude in my heart.  I was willing now to take any degree of sickness and pain in order to have received the good health I had last week.  How incredible is Heavenly Father?  It's like I couldn't believe that He had heard my prayers and granted me all of these miracles...but He had!  It was as if He held off the effects of the chemo for me, just like He parted the Red Sea for Moses. 

I usually have my chemo treatments on Wednesdays, but we put it off until Friday last week.  Now this week, I will have chemo on Thursday and next week it will be back to Wednesdays.  By doing this it puts us back on the original schedule.  Since it won't be a full week when I have chemo again, I hope it won't hit me too hard.  But I'm willing to take whatever comes.  I just got the results of the CA(Cancer Antigen)125 blood test back and I am elated!  Before my surgery it was 686.  After surgery it was 350.  After 3 weeks of chemo it was 165 and after 6 weeks of chemo it is 81!  Normal is 0-35.  So we are closing in on being normal - which means the chemo is killing the cancer!!!!!!

Yesterday while I was in bed, I read a quote that touched my heart.  Elder Neal A. Maxwell said, "I testify to you that God has known you individually for a long, long time.  He has loved you for a long, long time.  He not only knows the names of all the stars, He knows YOUR name and all your heartaches and your joys." (May Ensign 2004 pg. 46.)

That quote makes me cry!  God knew that chemo was a source of heartache and made me so sick and He also knew the joy that being with my family and participating in these sacred ordinances meant to me and He blessed me to be able to experience that joy! I am so grateful for this great blessing.  I know that many of you prayed in my behalf and I thank you, as well as my Heavenly Father from the bottom of my heart. I testify that He knows each of us by name and He hears and answers our prayers according to his timeline.

2 comments:

  1. Aunt Michele,

    It is so amazing to see those numbers dropping, how INCREDIBLE to be able to be a part of watching these miracles happen.

    Thank you for reminding us to look for the miracles everyday in our lives.

    Love,

    Melani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melani,

    Thanks so much for your comments! It makes posting on my blog worth it on some days!!!

    ReplyDelete