Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Dear Sister!

Today's my oldest sister, Marsha Romney Stratton's birthday.  She is a dear friend and great example to me.  She's the oldest and I'm the baby and so that gives us a special bond. (There are eleven years between us).  She has dedicated her life to genealogy and has an undying desire to keep our family ties strong.  If you ever have a question about our family, she is the one to call or email.  I am so impressed with how unselfish she is as she will stop what she is doing and spend hours looking for the picture, or story or CD that someone has asked for.  The amazing thing is that she really "knows" about our family lines like they were real people.  She has been involved in countless "missionary opportunities" with some of our living non-member family members.  As she shares real stories of their ancestors that she has researched, the spirit of Elijah subtly begins to fill their hearts.  I know the Lord loves her and is so pleased with her life and dedicated service to his children.  I hope I can glean from her example and become like her.  I love her so much and know that she loves me with all her heart.  How blessed I am to have been born into this family.

1 comment:

  1. Aunt Michele,

    Aunt Marsha is so amazing, you can always count on her. I am so grateful for family also. My manager's father just passed away suddenly. It reminded me how much my family means to me. I have been trying to keep in touch with them more. I get to fly out and see them in AZ the first week in February for Cindi's girls baptism, and baby blessing. I am so excited.

    Love,

    Melani :)

    ReplyDelete